This brick was created by Wurzel, who has also a fine taste in music.
Build and eat in 1 ½h (Prep: 45min // Cook: 45min)
If you don’t make your own broth it only takes 45min to build and eat.
For 1-2 Bricklayers
10 brussels sprouts
1 small onion
For the homemade vegetable broth
garlic and onion skins and vegetable scraps
2 laurel leaves
olive oil, salt, pepper
1. Wash all veggies and fruits. Peel carrots, onions, garlic and turnip.
2. Preheat oven to 250°.
3. Heat a pot, add oil, garlic and onion skins as well as the other vegetable scraps (maybe add celery leaves and leek ends if you like), chili, laurel leaves, salt and pepper. Sauté for about 5 minutes.
4. Add water and increase heat until the mixture comes to boil. Reduce heat to simmer.
5. In the meantime chop all veggies and the apple.
6. After 30 minutes pour the broth through a fine mesh strainer into a heat-proof bowl and add some olive oil; discard solids.
7. Fill the brick with all veggies and fill half of the brick with you homemade broth. Add salt and pepper.
8. Let it cook for 45 minutes and enjoy your Sunday Stew.
Instead of an apple you can also use ½ pear or 2-3 plums. Try to pick a seasonal fruit.
If you like you can also add some (vegan) feta on the top of your stew.