Banana bread with coconut by @madamepiipii
Banana bread must be one of the all time favourites from our Bricknic community since it's the most shared recipe we receive. Here we try to start with a simple version made by the guys from Ovenwinkel, but there is for sure more banana bread to come. Before starting you can soak the lid in water for about 10 to 15 minutes. Like this the clay absorbs some moisture. Once this is done apply a thin layer of butter or margarine on each of the inside parts of the brick.
Approx. 20 minutes preparation and 75 minutes oven time.
- 4 eggs
- 450 grams old bread without crust
- 150 gram raisins
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 bananas in slices
- 2 cans condensed milk
- 1 can coconut milk
Let's get started!
- Take a bowl and beat the eggs first separately, then add the condensed milk and beat it until it becomes an even mixture. Now you can add the coconut milk and simply continue to beat it just a bit more.
- Add the bread and let it soak for a while. Knead the mixture really well and let it stand for around 10 minutes.
- Add the raisins and the cinnamon. Stir the mixture well. You can already start to preheat your oven to 175ºC.
- Finally you can make the bananas join and let them migle equally with the rest of the mixture. Be careful not to crush the bananas. Now you can shovel the mixture into the Bricknic.
- Leave the Bricknic for about 75 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Good food requires patience. So let's wait a little.
- When the waiting time is over you can take the Bricknic out of the oven. Now you can cut it in slices and serve it however you like. Personally I like to leave it in the brick because it's practically ready to serve, retains the heat a little and I don't have extra dirty dishes ;-)